Reminder: Parental Choice Program
Open enrollment is February 1 through April 20, and CCS will host an additional informational meeting on Monday, March 5 at 6:30pm to guide parents through the application process and to answer questions.
Reminder: No School This Friday
There will be no school at CCS on Friday, January 12th.
Lunch & Milk Order Forms – Due Wednesday, January 10th
Order forms for January 15th through February 2nd are in today’s take home folders. Please complete and return no later than Wednesday, January 10th.
Inclement Weather – School Closings Information
If the school needs to close or delay opening for inclement weather, families will be notified by email. You may also check the school’s website and facebook page where we will post the same information. Additionally, we will be listed on Channel3000, WKOW27, and NBC15. Any decisions will be made by 6:30 am; if there is no announcement by 6:30 am, school will be open in the morning as usual. While CCS generally follows the Baraboo School District regarding cancellations/delays, be aware that CCS does not always follow their decisions. In case of severe weather during the school day, students will remain at school until they are dismissed.
Boys Midas League Basketball – Grades 5th through 8th
Regular practices are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:15 to 5:00 except on game days.
January games (all home games will be played at the House of Wellness):
- Tuesday 1/9 – Home – 4:30 vs Madison Area Home School
- Thursday 1/11 – Home – 4:30 vs Oaklawn Academy
- Tuesday 1/16 – Home – 4:30 vs Jefferson Home School
- Tuesday 1/23 – Away – 4:30 at Eagle School – 5454 Gunflint Trail, Madison
- Tuesday 1/30 – Away – 4:30 at MAHS – 110 North Whitney Way, Madison (Mount Olive Lutheran Church)
Kwik Trip Scrip Cards
Remember to pick up some scrip cards. These cards can be used for gas or instore for groceries and snacks. Any card amount you purchase earns 5% of the purchase value toward your family’s tuition.
- Mrs. Baerlocher is seeking parent volunteers during her 1st and 2nd grade reading time, 11:30-12:30, Monday through Thursday. While small groups of students read aloud to the teacher, volunteers can assist the other students with practicing their spelling lists, logging in on a computer reading program, or staying focused on silent reading. Mrs. Baerlocher prefers, and the classroom benefits most, from a weekly commitment for one or more days. But if you are unable to make a weekly commitment, she would still appreciate any help you could offer. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCS is seeking volunteer boys golf coaches for this spring season, which begins March and ends with competitions in May. If you or someone you know is interested in filling this role, please contact the office.
- Lunchroom and recess volunteers. Help is need to serve lunch and monitor the lunchroom each day. Outdoor recess monitors are also need during lunch. Please let the office know your availability.
- 1/12/18 – NO SCHOOL
- 1/18/18 – Board Meeting
- 1/19/18 – End of 2nd Quarter
- 1/29/18 – 2nd Quarter Grades Released
- 2/1/18 thru 4/20/18 – School Choice Open Enrollment
- 3/5/18 – School Choice Informational Meeting, 6:30pm